Bodyholiday St Lucia

by SueC on Thursday 31 December 2020 11:42
Hi all, I travelled to St Lucia 10-19 December and just wanted to say to anyone else thinking of going (when we are allowed) to just do it.

I was on the first BA flight to St Lucia out of Gatwick (the crew hadn't worked since March) after some initial teething problems with the plane we were only 90 minutes late arriving (and 15 minutes ahead of the Tui flight from Manchester.) I don't think the airport had seen so many people for months but they got us through our Covid checks efficiently and we were on our way. The hotel had even kept the dining room open for us.

I was the only person there from Friendship travel but that didn't matter. The hotel was about 20% full when I arrived getting up to about 50% when I left. Every morning the hotel nurse checked our temperature and mask wearing in communal areas was observed by all. Arrangements for all meals were Covid safe (and the food was amazing!)

Most facilities were open, some with limited numbers but I never had any problems getting treatments etc.

The staff were all so pleased to have us back and couldn't believe how severe the Covid  problem is back in UK. They are going to be deaply effected by this latest lockdown (yes my timing was perfect ) many concerned for their jobs.

The flight home was fine (I had 3 seats to myself so was able to sleep for 6 hours).

I'm already saving my pennies for my next trip because I honestly believe those 9 days of being pampered in the sun are going to get me through the next 2 months