Raga Hotel

by JaneS on Monday 13 May 2019 21:27
Hi can anyone who has returned from the Raga Hotel please answer a couple of questions. It really does look lovely and TripaAdvisor has good reviews. How long is the walk to the beach is a pre breakfast swim in the sea possible ? Did people go out or as it is all inclusive did they stay in each evening? Any advice on room upgrades? Any other advice or tips ?Cheers Jane 

Hi Jane

The hotel is fantastic, I didn't have a disappointing meal, so I don't think you need to go out for meals unless you really want too. They serve a huge range of buffet style food, different themes each night and you can order from an a la carte menu in the main restaurant too at lunch and dinner if you don't fancy the buffet but others do.  They also have seperate a la carte restaurants that need to be booked in advance and a seaside area serving snack type food as well (which I didn't use). 

All the rooms are high spec, very clean and well stocked with towels, bath robe, toiletries etc (free mini bar too) felt very spoilt.  I had a pool view but to be fair there was some outside noise when I kept my balcony door open at night. Sea view rooms are in a seperate building away from the main hotel.

The sea is a 5 min walk from the main hotel (easy to find down a straight road) so entirely possible to have a swim before breakfast.

I hope this helps.

I would agree entirely with Cath (both there 4th to 11th May). I also had a pool view which was not unpleasant. My only minor gripe about the pool area is that the sunbeds are very close together, limiting access and movement. The beach bar serves very good snacks and drinks (I enjoyed both on several occasions) and there is a stage called "The Arena" where there is entertainment some evenings. All in all a very enjoyable place to spend a holiday. Gordon

hi,thanks for that info.... one more question , does the hotel provide pool/beach towels ? I ve just booked for 1st June , it looks great + I cant wait !

Thanks for all the lovely feedback.

A small correction- not all full sea view rooms are in the annex block on the beach , some full sea view are in the main hotel block , where our guests are allocated. 

Re beach towels:on arrival you will get a card which allows you to collect a beach towel from the Spa area. You can return it and replace as often as you want but only one towel so you might want to bring a light beach towel with you but if case space a prob you can buy good quality towels here quite cheaply.

I’m in hotel at present and it is super - a great addition to FTs holidays! I agree with all Cath and Gordon said above and would just add that Isel the FT host is lovely and cannot do enough to ensure all the FT guests are enjoying their holiday to the full. She is a qualified Local tour guide so knows the area really well. The town of Side is full of archeological ruins so lots of interesting things to see if you want to explore locally. 

Hi Christine, I'm due out next week, can you tell me if there are safe's in the room please?

Hi Rhanni. Yes there is a safe at no additional charge. Also complimentary kettle and supply of coffee/tea and mugs in room if you fancy an early morning cuppa. 

Fab, thanks Christine, hope your having fab time cool , are you still there next week when I arrive?

Hi Thanks for all the great replies Cheers Jane