Colum here, the MD of Friendship Travel. I wanted to give you an update on our holiday plans for Friendship Travel this summer.
All our holidays including flights are fully ATOL protected by our UK government license number 6683.
A huge thanks to all my team, our suppliers and all the guests who travelled with us before COVID-19 and in the few weeks we were open in Summer 2020.
Having operated Friendship Travel for over 24 years, I know things will get better once COVID has passed and I look forward to chatting to many of you on holiday with Friendship Travel, later in Summer 2021/2022.
Thanks for this Colum. May I ask a couple of questions....
1. I have paid a deposit for two weeks Turkey in September - as it is Red, will Friendship still expect me to pay for the whole holiday next week? Obviously I would rather wait another month or so to see if it gets onto the Amber list. I would still go as long as it is at least Amber. What are my options if it stays red?
2. As more of your staff are being furloughed what will be the average wait time for refunds?
Kind regards. Gail
Thanks for the questions.
1. You still need to pay your balance in full. We will be running holidays in September to Amber countries and we would expect Turkey to be Green or Amber.
2. All throughout COVID we have refunded the majority of guests within 30 days, unless we are struggling to get refunds from an airline, normally Ryanair. We would always work to the 30 days target and expect in 90% of cases to meet this.
3. If in time you decide you do not wish to travel in September please give us a call and we can talk through your options.