Valentine’s dinner dance Markyate

by HappyHols on Sunday 10 February 2019 23:54
Who’s up for the Valentine’s dinner dance at Markyate? Haven’t been there before but hope it’s a good weekend 

Hallo HappyHols

The New Year's Eve dinner at Markyate was very enjoyable, so I decided to I've booked in for the February event too - see you there smile.  

Emma

Hi Emma

Looking forward to meeting you.

Teresa

I look forward to meeting you too, Teresa.  I've also just received the menu from the hotel, which looks good smile

Emma

Last call for ladies .... give us a call today to get booked up :)

Hi Emma

Despite phoning the hotel I haven’t yet found out what’s on the menu for Saturday.  Can you let me know?

Thanks

Teresa

Hi Teresa

Below is the menu the conference & events team at the hotel emailed to me. Normally where there are choices, when you tell them at check-in you are with the FT group they give you a copy of the menu and you mark what you want on a list, but I'll double check that tomorrow when I check in.  

Emma

Valentines Day Menu

Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup with Basil oil

Ham Hock and Pea Terrine with Piccalilli and toasted Brioche

Smoked Salmon with Beetroot salad and Horse Radish Cream

Iced champagne sorbet

Ribeye Steak, with Carrot, Green Beans, chunky chips and Pink Peppercorn Sauce

Corn-fed chicken supreme, with Carrot, Green Beans, Gratin Potatoes and Wild Mushroom Sauce

Portobello Mushroom Sweet Potato & Stout Vegan Open Tart, with Carrot, Green Beans and New potatoes

Duo of Chocolate Truffle

Tiramisu Tear Drop

Fruit Salad

Coffee and Truffles

Thanks very much Emma. Will see you on Saturday 

Teresa

Hi All,

Just had my call this morning to confirm selections for tomorrow evening. Apparently 20 guests in total ,10 Ladies & 10 Gents. Looking forward to a great evening. Ken

Thanks Ken for posting an update on the numbers - sounds like a good number.  Looking forward to seeing everyone when you arrive here tomorrow smile.

Emma