Friendship Travel Chat Room

Looking for a 2022 holiday?

Choose wisely where to book your holiday. Friendship Travel is recommended by Which?Travel magazine/ website as one of the 21 travel companies to travel with after COVID.

Christmas Lanzarote Princess 2022

by NealM on Tuesday 24 May 2022 12:35
Hello all just booked xmas away first time with this company, anyone else going or been, any tips or advice please?

I spent Christmas last year at the Lanza Princess. I've been to the hotel before, all very adequate, although no soundproofing in the rooms at all! Christmas day fayre was good, otherwise good average and waiters slow to come up with the included wine which became tiresome despite our excellent rep having to remind them almost nightly.

Nice break from a UK Christmas but hugely expensive 😊

I've been there but not at Christmas, so I can't comment on the festive package. Certainly a nice hotel and more than decent food, and I certainly remember the arguments with the host and waiters over the included wine when I went at Easter a few years back.

The price hike, as Linda says, does seem pretty steep for Christmas and New Year. I looked at it this year but opted again for my usual trip to Cyprus, which is much cheaper and overall good VFM. I guess the weather is more reliable in the Canaries, which is something to factor in.

It's also very central. Nothing in Playa Blanca is more than a leisurely walk, including the Marina.