Alpe D'Huez 8th January

by Love2ski on Monday 11 October 2021 19:01
I went to Alpe D'Huez with FT many years ago; it was my first trip with them.

Really good ski area.

Anyone thinking of going?

Terry.

I booked this morning !

I loved Alpe de Huez when I went with Neilson in 2020 just before we were aware of the oncoming pandemic.

I have been skiing with FT before, so I was very happy to go back to this resort with them. The chalet is in a very convenient location, close to the lift and near a ski hire shop.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I think you are going on 8/1/22. I have booked for 5/2/22

Hi Popsako, I've booked for 5th Feb too. Have been with FT a couple of times to St Christoph - really good fun and great company. Looking forward to seeing you there... I've skiied quite a bit in other countries but never France, so there's always a first time for everything. Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

I expect by now you have heard that the Chalet in Alpe d'Huez went bust so our 5/2/22 trip is off. Great shame as it was in such a good location.

I was offered two alternatives and chose Vaujany, which I had never heard of !

The good news is that it has a lift system which leads to the Alpe d'Huez slopes.

It is a strange set up - we stay in two small chalets side by side and meet up in one for meals. I hope there is a bar ! Not so convenient for lifts or skiing back to the door. It also seems to be in a little hamlet outside Vaujany and I haven't found a map scale to give me an idea of the distance to the action, ski hire shop etc. 

My trip is now on 6/2/22 and the good news fo me is I can fly with Jet2, who I like, rather than Ryanair who I don't ! ( I am going from Stanstead )

Perhaps we will meet up but, if not, have a great holiday.

Ian