Zante Apollon Hotel 1sr week June

by ALYSON on Sunday 25 November 2018 15:20
thinking if going to the Apollon Zante in June- anyone been and advise what it is like?

I went in June this year, I booked one of the new roof top room for a little extra, well worth it as ground floor rooms definitely in need of an upgrade. The roof rooms are accessed partly via a spiral staircase which isn't advertised but didn't bother me. 

Hi Alison I’m going to the apollon zante on 31st May, did you decide to book i

Hi Elaine Yes I booked. Fly from Manchester at 8.50 am 

which flight are you on? 

Just going for a week

Alyson

I went to the Apollon last year. Best decision I made. I had intended going to Ionian but thankfully changed. Don't let some of reviews put you off. I had a new room and they are lovely. I don't understand where comments of noise and fumes come from. It was not noisy. I love the sea and it was an easy stroll and I'd damaged ligaments in my foot before i went. Breakfast was fine but evening meal was a bit hit and miss. (Some of us chose to eat out a couple of times to try local Greek tavernas). The atmosphere was great and bars within easy walking for me. Ionian I would've needed a taxi to just leave the hotel. I stayed at Lindos Memories the year before. A complete contrast. Which do I prefer? Apollon. It's relaxed and friendlier. I never thought a 2 star was for me but it attracts a good mixture of people and I had a great time there. However I'm trying a complete contrast again this year at Hotel Raga on all inclusive.

Hi Alyson, sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, I am also flying from manchester but at9.50, I have been on o few holidays before with friendship and also a few tours with just you travel I have enjoyed them all.  Phoned today to up grade to one of the rooms on the top floor and they told me there are 9 of us up to now.

I was there last year when they were finishing the roof apartments.

On the first day I found a place near the pool where the sun arrived just after 9.00 am.

When they finished installing the roof panels it took the sun off a lot of the ground floor sunbathing area. It took some time to find a good place to catch the rays and not until a lot later in the pm.