Zante Apollon Hotel 1sr week June

by ALYSON on Sunday 25 November 2018 15:20
thinking if going to the Apollon Zante in June- anyone been and advise what it is like?

I went in June this year, I booked one of the new roof top room for a little extra, well worth it as ground floor rooms definitely in need of an upgrade. The roof rooms are accessed partly via a spiral staircase which isn't advertised but didn't bother me. 

Hi Alison I’m going to the apollon zante on 31st May, did you decide to book i

Hi Elaine Yes I booked. Fly from Manchester at 8.50 am 

which flight are you on? 

Just going for a week

Alyson

I went to the Apollon last year. Best decision I made. I had intended going to Ionian but thankfully changed. Don't let some of reviews put you off. I had a new room and they are lovely. I don't understand where comments of noise and fumes come from. It was not noisy. I love the sea and it was an easy stroll and I'd damaged ligaments in my foot before i went. Breakfast was fine but evening meal was a bit hit and miss. (Some of us chose to eat out a couple of times to try local Greek tavernas). The atmosphere was great and bars within easy walking for me. Ionian I would've needed a taxi to just leave the hotel. I stayed at Lindos Memories the year before. A complete contrast. Which do I prefer? Apollon. It's relaxed and friendlier. I never thought a 2 star was for me but it attracts a good mixture of people and I had a great time there. However I'm trying a complete contrast again this year at Hotel Raga on all inclusive.

Hi Alyson, sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, I am also flying from manchester but at9.50, I have been on o few holidays before with friendship and also a few tours with just you travel I have enjoyed them all.  Phoned today to up grade to one of the rooms on the top floor and they told me there are 9 of us up to now.

I was there last year when they were finishing the roof apartments.

On the first day I found a place near the pool where the sun arrived just after 9.00 am.

When they finished installing the roof panels it took the sun off a lot of the ground floor sunbathing area. It took some time to find a good place to catch the rays and not until a lot later in the pm.

Hi

I've booked my first FT holiday travelling from east mids on 30th May. I'm really looking forward to it, and to meeting everyone. If anyone wants to chat prior, my FB messenger is Jacqueline Orme, I'm in Sheffield Jackie x

Hi Jackie, I'm going to the Apollon for a week from 30th May, flying from Gatwick. It's my first FT travel holiday too so it's lovely to chat with you. I'll contact via fb messenger. smile

Hi ladies, I’m looking at booking Apollon 30th may for one week , ringing tomorrow to hopefully book . Anyone gone for the upgraded room ? I will be flying from Birmingham :-) ... You all seem like a lovely bunch of ladies that are going ..... . Will update you all when I’ve booked .