Pre departure COVID tests for travel

by ColumatFTMD on Tuesday 24 November 2020 07:47
We have created an infomration page with regards to tests available to do at home and the details can be seen here 

https://www.friendshiptravel.com/covidtests.html

Discounted travel insurance details - 

We have set up an agreement with this company to enable guests to have a 5% discount when buying your insurance. 

Discounted travel insurance - If you need travel insurance and would like a quote for a policy that includes COVID-19 cover, travelling in Europe against FCO advise & much more please visit https://www.insurefor.com  

and get 5% off using the discount code FT5

As always with travel insurance - please read all section carefully and ensure the insurance provides what you need. On their web site they also have a live chat option, to ask questions. 

For tests around the Christmas period, these details may also help guests - 

As well as sending these back via Royal Mail next day delivery OR using the DX courier , guests can also leave into the Randox Health clinics , in these 2 addresses - 

Randox Helath Clinic Exchange Station, 21-25 Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2QP – Open Monday - Saturday 8am -12pm NOON. 

Randox Helath Clinic - Finsbury House, 23 Finsbury Circus, City of London, EC2M 7EA – Open Monday – Saturday 8am – 3pm.

If left into the clinic on the Saturday before lunch, guests would then get the results back on the Sunday evening or Monday morning. The samples go from these clinics on a Saturday afternoon - delivered to the Labs ( in Antrim) on Sunday.

This FAQ section is great - https://www.randoxhealth.com/travel-randox-faqs/

Hi Colum,

If I post my test for next day delivery on Thursday, will I get my results back in time for my flight at 10:30 on Saturday? I can't return it any sooner as it would be invalid.

With the Randox test , using guaranteed next day delivery , or the DX service , yes the results would be back on Friday night . 

I'm flying out to Feurteventura at 10.05 on 23/12, getting a test 72 hours before I land I need to take my swabs at 14.00 Sunday afternoon. Will I be able to get the sample collected early the next day (Monday). How quickly does the results come through. Do I need to print the email to show at the airport and handover to the hotel reception? 

I have to leave home mid Tuesday 22/12 afternoon to travel to an airport hotel where I will stay overnight before heading to the airport. If I don't get the result email before I leave which will leave me not having a print out, what's my situation? Will I be turned away by customs at Feurteventura airport? 

Hi Craig

If you leave your test packet into one of the DX locations before 12 noon on the Monday, it will arrive at the lab on Tuesday morning and you should have the test back that evening, first thing Wednesday morning.

If you have emails on your phone you will have a copy of the results there, and also you could ask the hotel you are staying at , to print out, of you forward the email to them.

Have a great holiday. 

Colum

Thanks Colum, if I don't get it printed out, will I have difficulties when I arrive in Feurteventera? Who will want to see my test result?

I hope you have a happy Christmas 

Craig 

I've found the Randox by far the most efficient and value for money testing kit on the market. During my research I've found a discount code that gives 30% off the PCR Test from Randox's website

The code is BWRC19

Enjoy and safe travels!