St Christoph - 23rd February

by SkiBear on Thursday 31 January 2019 17:34
Okay, 3 weeks to go and am getting very excited...! There's over 4 metres of snow on the top slopes and it's still snowing... Just wanted to say 'Hi' to any other "solos" going that week - looking forward to meeting you. First time with FT, although have skied loads over the years. Has anyone been to Chalet St Christoph before? 

Bump

I've just got back from the St Christophe Sporthotel....you will want for nothing, ski hire room directly under the hotel...good sized boot room with heated boot racks...genuine ski in/out..... in fact you could ski into the hotel if it was allowed...great staff and great food...snow conditions everywhere are nigh on perfect, 2 things I'd recommend are the ride on a piste basher up the mountain to a restaurant on Thursday nights and the St Anton ski show on Wednesday nights...both great fun.

Two weeks to go, First time with FT and second time in Austria really looking forward to it. It appears we might be of similar ability but we will see. Do you happen to know how many are making the trip?

Hi, first time with FT as well. Can’t wait. Thanks for recommendations. Can I ask what people have decided to do regarding ski hire? 

Thanks for the feedback Skidog - sounds brilliant. I was in Obergurgl last year and they had a night time ski show with night-skiing too - it was excellent.

Hi Fonzi, when I last checked back in early January, when buying my ski pass through FT, there were 6 people booked (3m + 3f). That's out of the 10 rooms reserved for FT, so I'm guessing it might be fully booked by now? Sounds like you've skied a bit too - good stuff!

With regard to ski hire GW - I understand there's a ski hire shop at the chalet hotel and I think you can either pre-book it through FT or sort it out there.

I'm flying out from Birmingham - anyone else?

I'm just back from St Christoph after a very good week. Regarding ski hire, the Alber Sport hire shop in the hotel basement was very convenient.  However, I thought that the skis were very 'well used' compared to what I would normally expect.  They looked like they had a couple of season's wear and were pretty expensive.  If after a couple of days you are not happy, it might be worth changing them at the much bigger Alber Sports shops in St Christoph and St Anton (the hotel hire shop is only open at the start and end of the week).  I have a sneaky suspicion that they put some of their older stock into the hotel shop where they have a captive audience!

Hi All ,

I have hired my skis for the 23 rd February ( 7 days ) via Skiset online using discount code happy19 . Alber sport were very good last year.

Thanks for ski hire advice. Is anyone on the early flight out of Gatwick? 

Hi ,

I am on BA2756  ,0650 Gatwick South