Holiday

by Debby on Thursday 24 October 2019 21:38
hi, just joined on this site, any recommendations for holiday in May/June next, for a first time traveler 

Hi Debby Welcome . Best to tell us what you are looking for in a holiday. Perhaps the five most important things you Would like . Then people can point you in the right direction. I am sure you will find a brilliant holiday .
Cheers Jane 

I enjoy sightseeing and beech, would like to try a criuse

Hi Debby  There is plenty of choice for your requests. There are two holidays on the island of Rhodes. There is a luxury hotel on the beach which is brilliant and also a 2 star plus Houseparty within 10 minutes of a beach ( steep hill) . The Houseparty is new this year but is in a nice area. There is plenty to see on Rhodes . You can see the excursions on the holiday page. You are also near the Lindos Acropolis which you can walk to from Lindos 
  Raga hotel in Turkey has been popular this year, there is are Temples to see within walking distance and again lots of excursions. The hotel is 300 metres from beach. The two hotels on Majorca which are both on the beach again there are lots of excursions. The bus service in Majorca is excellent if you want to travel around . There are quite a few other places that will match your request. The two hotels i know best are Memories on Rhides and Hotel Blue Mar in Majorca. 
I am sure you will find something you will enjoy Cheers Jane 

I would agree with Jane about Rhodes. There is a lot to see and do. I have not stayed in either of the hotels but I know that Memories is right on the beach. Rhodes town is superb and the excursion to the south of the island was also extremely good. another great trip is the boat trip across from Rhodes to Symi.

The Apollon (Zante) is 100 m from the beach – I used to swim every morning before breakfast! It's a good little hotel and the deluxe rooms on the top floor are very nice indeed. There are good excursions here too. Zante town is worth a trip and the boat trip to the caves at Keri is also really scenic. Last year some of us hired a couple of cars for the day and drove round the island a bit. I also went on a long but fascinating day trip to Ancient Olympia on the Peloponnese mainland.

Debby,

just to say I've been on 4 holidays with FT and had a great time too. I went to H10 Casa Del Mar in Santa Ponsa, right opposite a lovely beach, hotel is great and bus service to Palma is easy and not too far.   There are lots of bars and restaurants nearby, if that is your thing, also a very nice pool area. I have also been twice to Corralejo staying at H10 Ocean Dreams, which FT aren't using this year, but they are using H10 Ocean Dunas. I would highly recommend Corralejo for a beach holiday, it's very nice there, with lots of shops, restaurants and bars. I visited the new hotel there that FT are using this year, and it's a few mins walk to the beach, looks a good hotel. Lots of boat trips can be done too. Wherever you decide to go, enjoy sue

Málaga have a really nice weather in that period!